Do not panic if the phone is stolen, just follow step-by-step to get back your smartphone in India and How to find the stolen phones in India?
How to find a stolen or lost Android phone or find my device– People often issue a second sim when the phone is stolen and then forget the old phone. But this habit of yours can hurt you a lot because if you do any wrong thing with your stolen smartphone then you will be convicted.
How to find the stolen phones in India- People are often confused as to what to do after a smartphone is stolen. How to get the phone back, how to trace the phone, or recover the phone’s data. Many of these people simply issue a second sim when the phone is stolen and then forget the old phone. But this habit of yours can hurt you a lot because if there is any wrongdoing from your stolen smartphone, you will be convicted for that. This can cause a lot of difficulties. In such a situation, today we are telling you what should be done first if the phone is stolen, which will help in getting the phone back.
My phone got stolen how do I track it and How to find the stolen phones in India – Yes
What is the IMEI number?
IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) is a 15 digit unique number that is found in every phone.
How can I find my lost phone with the IMEI number?
Once you know the IMEI number of your stolen phone, it is easy to track it for free with an IMEI phone tracker app which you can find online. Step 1: Go to your play store app and search for “IMEI phone tracker”. Download “IMEI tracker-Find my device” on any smartphones.
What do do when your phone is stolen?
- First, check that it isn’t just lost.
- File a police report.
- Lock (and maybe erase) your phone remotely.
- Call your cellular provider.
- Change your passwords.
- Call your bank.
- Contact your insurance company.
- Note your device’s serial number.
The Indian government released a website for tracking stolen smartphones in India
How to track lost mobile with IMEI number- The Central Equipment Identity Register (CEIR), a website launched by the Department of Telecommunication, is specifically for detecting stolen mobiles. With the help of this website, the stolen smartphone can be blocked and unblocked, as well as the location of the phone can be detected.
How can I find my lost mobile by IMEI number? Please tell that in CEIR, the model, SIM number, and IMEI number of the mobile of every citizen of the country is present. This makes it easier for CEIR to find a stolen mobile. Let us tell you that C-Dot has developed the technique of matching the IMEI number issued by the company making it on the mobile model.
What to do first if the phone is stolen?
If the phone is stolen, one has to first report the loss of the smartphone. You can register it through online mode, which will generate the FIR number of the stolen smartphone. After registering an FIR, you will not be legally held responsible for wrongdoings caused by phone calls.
How to track a stolen phone in India?
- One must visit the CEIR website after the FIR report is filed.
- Here you will see three options Block / Lost Mobile, Check Request Status, and Un-Block Found Mobile.
- If the stolen mobile is found back, click on the Un-Block Found Mobile option.
- For the same stolen mobile, click on Block / Lost Mobile.
- After this, a page will open. Where you have to enter your mobile number. Also, information has to be provided about the IMEI number and the brand of the smartphone. Apart from this, the device model and mobile bill will have to be uploaded.
- After this, the place of losing the mobile phone, district, state and police station, and FIR number, date of losing the phone will have to be recorded.
- After all this information, you will have to enter your personal information like address, mobile number. Then an OTP will come on your second number. After entering it, you have to click on the final submit option.
- After this, your stolen mobile search will start. Also, you will be able to trace the stolen mobile.
For the latest tech news and Mobile Review, follow Livereviews24.com on Twitter, Facebook, and subscribe to our YouTube channel or follow the #Livereviews24.
What are your thoughts about? Do let us know in the comments section below.